Over the past two and a half years, Instagram has become a community where you can capture and share the world’s moments simply and beautifully. Some moments, however, need more than a static image to come to life. Until now these stories have been missing from Instagram.
Today, we’re thrilled to introduce Video on Instagram and bring you another way to share your stories. When you go to take a photo on Instagram, you’ll now see a movie camera icon. Tap it to enter video mode, where you can take up to fifteen seconds of video through the Instagram camera.
Some of the features of this functionality include:
- Thirteen filters that are specifically generated for video
- Clip editing where users can delete unwanted frames
- Access to front camera of a device
- Image stabilization (which is not seen on its competition, Vine)
- Saving to camera roll
- Choosing a custom cover frame
- Automatic sound
- Sharing on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, Email, and Foursquare
- Photo map
Instagram’s cinema feature is expected to slow down Vine’s growth to a certain degree.
For content marketers, this means they will have a new platform to explore for their marketing strategies.