Gmail has recently rolled out its new tabs feature. It allows users to organize emails into five categories: Primary, Social, Promotion, Updates, and Forums. This means that email marketers now have to find ways to get their messages into the right tab. Here are a few tips:
- Remember that the subject line is the most important part of an email so go for something attention grabbing. 33 percent of email recipients open messages based on the subject so bank on that. This ensures that no matter which tab the message gets sorted into, it will still have a higher chance of being seen by the target audience.
- Send out emails that act as a friendly reminder of the tabs update. Tell them that they can star emails from a company or move them to the Primary tab.
- Keep in mind that certain emails are time sensitive. Timing is important for any email marketing piece so schedule dissemination accordingly.
- These days, 64 percent of email recipients open their emails on their mobile devices. This means brand owners still need to utilize mobile strategies to keep up with the times.
- Never forget to provide valuable and relevant content that subscribers will always look forward to. This is basic knowledge that will bring brands to greater heights no matter how many changes are applied to Gmail.